30 Gift Ideas That Keep MS in Mind
Coming up with gift ideas can stump even the most seasoned gift-giver – throw multiple sclerosis in the mix, and you might find yourself second guessing if what you got is something they’ll use and enjoy.
Don’t fret! We’re sharing some gift ideas and favorite items from the MS community to help you buy the perfect holiday gift for the person in your life living with MS.
Jump to gift ideas:
Stress can exacerbate MS symptoms. A healthy mind is essential to overall wellness, and if your loved one enjoys complementary measures to destress, unwind and de-clutter their mind (or wants to start), these gifts are perfect.
- Journal (tip: personalize it with their initials/name)
- Meditation app subscription like Calm
- Himalayan sea salt lamp
- Massage gift card
A Helping Hand
Sometimes we need an extra helping hand for everyday tasks. Shortcuts can make everyday tasks easier for someone experiencing MS symptoms like numbness, fatigue or vision issues.
- Kitchen gadgets that cut out prep work (like a mini food processor)
- Remote controlled lights – either by phone (there are also lights that can link to smart speakers like Amazon Alexa) or an actual remote
- Robot vacuum
- Adaptive grips
- A gift card to a local cleaning service
- Small outdoor table for easy access to deliveries
Bring Joy to Their Doorstep
Does your friend love makeup? Is your dad a connoisseur of smoked meats? Purchase a subscription box so their favorite things show up right at their doorstep. There are subscription boxes for everything these days, including:
Make Fatigue Days a Cozy Endeavor
Fatigue can sometimes get the best of us, so help make it as comfortable as possible!
- E-book readers like Kindle are light and can change font sizes to accommodate for vision problems
- Audio book gift card
- Compression socks
- Cooling blankets/sheets
- Leg massaging boots to help circulation
- Weighted blanket
- Gadgets that prop tablets and laptops
Sometimes the best gift is an act of service. Gift your loved one with a little “coupon” book of IOU favors (create your own or use templates). Here are some ideas:
- Pick up groceries
- Help with pet care
- Snow removal
- Lawn service
Exercise is helpful in managing many MS symptoms. And with the colder months, help others stay active and strong.
- Yoga mat
- Wrist weights
- Putty for hand strength
- Resistance bands
Editor’s Note: The products and ideas linked above are examples and are not endorsed by the National MS Society.
Read about the best gifts the MS community has received through the years.
This blog was originally published on December 1, 2020 and updated on November 29, 2022.