Recipe: Cold gazpacho soup
Gazpacho, a summertime favorite, comes together as easily as tossing veggies into a blender.
- 6-8 Roma tomatoes, cored
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 small unpeeled cucumber, with ends trimmed off
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and seeded
- ¼ sweet yellow onion, peeled
- ½ teaspoon chili sauce or salsa
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Clean and chop all produce into large pieces and place into a blender. Pulse to get things started, then add seasonings and puree until the texture reaches the consistency you want. Gazpachos often taste better after the flavors are allowed to merge in the fridge for a few hours. Serve chilled in bowls or mugs. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro.