Summer — MS style
Stay cool this season in light layers and sun-friendly basics. There are a variety of products available that can help you stay cool while easing MS symptoms in the summer heat, and many come in fun patterns and colors:
- Cooling scarves and neck wraps can be worn around the neck.
- Cooling bandanas can be wrapped around the head or neck.
- Cooling wraps can be tied around the wrist or ankle.
- Cooling inserts are small cooling packs that can fit inside a bra.
- Cooling vests and torso wraps can be worn around the upper body or over or under clothes.
Below are two recommendations from Dave Bexfield, founder of Active MSers, who lives with MS and has tested many cooling products.
- Cooling cushions can be placed on chairs, beach towels, car seats and more.
- Sun-protective umbrellas can block UV rays to keep you cooler while you sit outside.