Resources for caregivers with MS
While resources that are specific to caregivers with MS don’t exist—yet—the following are helpful for general information and resources related to caregiving.
- Maximizing Independence: A Guide to Planning for Changing MS Care Needs [PDF] and Resources for Carepartners.
- The Comforts of Home Multiple Sclerosis Edition: An Illustrated Step-by-Step Guide for Multiple Sclerosis Caregivers. Available at Amazon.com and other booksellers.
- Area Agencies on Aging. The Older Americans Act of 1965 and its subsequent amendments authorized the establishment of state units on aging and “Area Agencies on Aging” to plan and fund services at the state and local levels. Currently, there are more than 650 area agencies nationwide.
- The National Alliance for Caregiving. Established in 1996, The National Alliance for Caregiving is a nonprofit coalition of national organizations focusing on issues of family caregiving.
- Through the Looking Glass. An organization for people with disabilities who are raising children.
- Care.com: There for You. An online resource for finding and hiring qualified caregivers in your area.
Back to “When the caregiver has MS“