20 Gift Ideas Under $150 That Keep MS in Mind
Coming up with gift ideas can stump even the most seasoned gift-giver – throw multiple sclerosis in the mix, and you might find yourself second guessing if what you got is something they’ll use and enjoy.
Don’t fret! We’re sharing some gift ideas and favorite items from the MS community to help you buy the perfect holiday gift for the person in your life living with MS.
(Editor’s Note: ideas linked below are examples and are not endorsed by the National MS Society).
Jump to gift ideas:
Stress can exacerbate MS symptoms. A healthy mind is essential to overall wellness, and if your loved one enjoys complementary measures to destress, unwind and de-clutter their mind (or wants to start), these gifts are perfect.
- A journal (pro tip: personalize it with their initials/name)
- Essential oil diffuser
- A singing bowl, to help set a calming environment
A Helping Hand
Sometimes we need an extra helping hand for everyday tasks. Shortcuts may make everyday tasks easier for someone experiencing MS symptoms like numbness, fatigue or vision issues.
- Kitchen gadgets that cutout prep work (like a mini food processor)
- Remote controlled lights – either by phone (there are also lights that can link to smart speakers like Amazon Alexa) or an actual remote
- Adaptive grips
- A gift card to a local cleaning service (note: prices will vary)
Bring Joy to Their Doorstep
Does your friend love makeup? Is your dad a connoisseur of smoked meats? Purchase a subscription box so their favorite things show up right at their doorstep. There are subscription boxes for everything these days, including:
Make Fatigue Days a Cozy Endeavor
Fatigue can sometimes get the best of you, so help make it as comfortable as possible!
- E-book readers like Kindle are light and can change font sizes to accommodate for vision problems
- Fuzzy socks
- Weighted blanket
- Gadgets that prop tablets and laptops
MS symptoms are unpredictable and can flair up at the worst moments. Sometimes the best gift is an act of service. Gift your loved one with a little “coupon” book of IOU favors (create your own or use templates) they can use when they need to be at two places at once – and one of those places is on the couch, resting. Here are some ideas:
- Pick up dry cleaning
- Pick up groceries
- Walk their dog/take care of pets
Editor’s Note: Read about the best gifts the MS community has received through the years.
The fact that in two generations, family members can go from slavery to Special Assistant… Read More